Sunday, October 15, 2006

Quest for Food

I figure that for 18 days out of 20, I’ll be sitting here at this lonely desk typing or at the UL reading. One day every two weeks may offer a truly blog-worthy adventure; and one will consist entirely of the must-do tedium of laundry, groceries, etc. So, yesterday I got up at 6:00 a.m. in order to beat the rush to the laundry machines. The whole process took about an hour and a half; I also tried ironing three shirts–burnt offerings. I also reviewed some French, and I’ve decided Napoleon lost because of the too easy confusion of “dessous” and “dessus.”

Then, it was off to Sainsbury’s because the cupboard was bare. So here are some pictures of the most mundane (but still very attractive) hike that I must take just to get some macaroni and cheese. Let's start at my residence, the Sir Vivian Fuchs Bldg. (a.k.a. "The Penguin Palace"). It was suitably foggy.

The small garden is still in bloom, and there are large spiders (all answering to the name "Charlotte') everywhere. Who doesn't love a cliche come true?




The blog site won't allow more pictures here, it seems so look for "Food Cont."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home